You can’t discover new oceans unless you have the courage to leave the shore ~ Anonymous
It used to be that business planning fundamentally was about designing linear steps between a a current situation and a chosen future.
There are as many reasons why this idea seems ridiculous in today’s evolving world as there are numerous non-linear way’s to live into a chosen future.
Planning today has very little to do with a chosen destination – planning is an exciting, powerful journey in and of itself – a journey of BEING.
Evolving business planning concepts teach us to proactively interweave action and deep attention throughout our entire lives.
Ironically, planning today is ultimately about understanding we don’t need a plan after all.
Top 10 reasons to embark on a planning journey:
1. To allow you to access how powerful you are and to get to your true “highest-self” desires.
2. To communicate to others who may want to participate with you (as investors, lenders, partners, etc.) what your business is about and where it is going.
3. To create a structure that holds the flow of prosperity and leverages flood.
4. To design a tangible framework in which you invite spirit to co-create with you.
5. To encourage you to ask yourself and others the right questions –right questions include hard questions.
6. To get you to a place where, as much as possible, you are operating from love and projecting out the expansion of love.
7. To give you the “now” of the day-to-day tending of the business of your business, by getting ideas out of your head, “onto paper” and ultimately into a higher stream of consciousness.
8. To have you participate in a consciousness re-creation of how business is done.
9. To serve as a guide for the lifetime of your business by providing guideposts and tools to analyze growth, as well as exit points.
10. To learn how to powerfully negotiate the integrated space between the tangible, material world and the intangible, invisible world.
Whether your planning journey gives you a formalized business plan for financing or 5-sheets of handwritten notes, embarking on the journey of attention-action planning is a conscious choice to step into the reality of the vast unknown.